Insurance.com Terms of Service
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. BY USING WWW.INSURANCE.COM, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THIS AGREEMENT.
- Acceptance of and Modification to this Agreement. Welcome to www.insurance.com (the “Site”). The owners and operators of the Site (“we” or “us”) provide certain services at the Site (the “Service”) subject to these terms and conditions. By using the Service, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Agreement”). We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time. Any such modifications shall be effective upon posting on this website. To use the Services, you must be of legal age to enter into a binding contract and not be prohibited from using the Services by the laws of the jurisdiction from which you access the Services.
- NOTICE REGARDING INFORMATION ON THE SITE: The contents of this Site are provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice. While the information shared on this Site is believed to be accurate and reliable, the owners/operators of this website specifically disclaim all warranties, express, implied or statutory, regarding the accuracy, timeliness, and/or completeness of the information contained herein. Because the terms of third-party offers referenced on this website are subject to change without notice, visitors are encouraged to independently verify the terms of any such offers prior to participating in them. Because this website is intended to provide general information only, you should discuss your specific needs with a qualified professional. The Site and the content of any information, service or merchandise contained thereon (the “Content”) are provided on an "as is" basis.
- Authorization to Obtain a Credit Report and Credit Score; Revocation. You understand and agree that by submitting your information to receive an insurance quote, you are providing QuinStreet with "written instructions" in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, for QuinStreet to obtain your consumer credit report and credit score from one of three national credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax or TransUnion. You authorize QuinStreet to use this credit report and credit score to provide you with an insurance quote, and to match you with product and services offered by our Service Providers. You further authorize QuinStreet to obtain and monitor your credit report and credit score on an ongoing basis, without any additional notice or consent, to provide you with updated quotes. You may revoke your ongoing authorization at any time by contacting QuinStreet by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at QuinStreet, Inc., 950 Tower Lane, Foster City, CA 94404.
- Modification to or Termination of Services. You acknowledge and agree that we may modify or terminate the Services and any of its features at any time or terminate your access to them without notice to you. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party as a result of any such modification or termination. You may discontinue use of the Service at any time without notice to us.
- The Service. The Service is designed to help you locate information that may be of interest to you and to help you locate products, services, and suppliers that may be of interest to you. We own and retain all intellectual property rights in the Service. While we are not required to screen content accessible through links on the Service, we reserve the right to do so and to remove any such links at any time. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any third party content and that you must evaluate any such third party content and bear all risks associated with any use of the content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of the information.
- Use of the Services. You may use the Services for your individual personal use and you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or otherwise exploit (i) the Services for any commercial purpose or (ii) the Content. You agree to access the Service through the interface provided by this website and that you will not use a robot or any other process to monitor or copy the Services.
- Restrictions. Except as expressly provided herein, you shall not: (i) use any portion of the Site or Content, on any other website, in the source code of any other website, or in any other printed or electronic materials; (ii) modify, publish, reproduce, republish, create derivative works, copy, upload, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise use any portion of the Site or frame this Site within any other web site, without our prior written permission; (iii) reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of the Site and/or the Content. We reserve the right to block your use of the Site and cancel any memberships or subscriptions for violation of these Terms of Service.
- Links. We appreciate your interest in linking your website ("Linking Site") to our Site. In order to avoid misunderstandings regarding the use of our names, trademarks, service marks, domain names and other proprietary information, please review the following guidelines: Third parties are authorized to include active links on web sites they control to direct a browser to the Site "home page" at http://www.insurance.com. Third parties do not have any rights to include links from their web sites to any other page maintained on the Site unless they receive prior written permission from us or unless the Linking Site is an Internet search engine.
- No Framing. Unless you receive prior written permission from us, you may not: (i) "frame" or otherwise impose editorial comment, commercial material or any type of identification on (or in proximity to) Content included on the Site; (ii) alter or modify Content, or (iii) "cut and paste" or otherwise reproduce Content on the Linking Site.
- No Archiving. Your link must be to the current Site only. In permitting linking, we do not grant any rights to reproduce, modify, cache or archive the Content for any purpose.
- Link At Your Own Risk. We make no representations or warranties regarding the Site, which is provided "AS IS." Linking Sites link to the Site at their own risk. We have no obligation to maintain the Site, provide or update Content or otherwise support your link to the Site.
- Content You Submit. By posting or submitting content on or to the Service (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you grant us and our affiliates, agents and third party contractors a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, display, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content you submit, post or display through the Services. You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to grant the above license to us. You agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (iv) unless you have received our prior express written consent, post advertisements or solicitations of business. We reserve the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that user content infringes upon your copyright, please submit notice, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) to our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) the URL of the location containing the material that you claim is infringing; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our Copyright Agent can be reached
By mail: Insurance.com, Copyright Agent, 950 Tower Lane 6th Floor, Foster City, California 94404
By fax: (650) 350-1423
By email: email@example.com
ALL CONTENT AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER WE, OUR AFFILIATES AND RELATED ENTITIES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THOSE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OR OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS, THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS (“THE WEBSITE PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR YOUR ACCESSING OF THIS SITE OR UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF EXPECTED SAVINGS, OR ANY OTHER NON-DIRECT DAMAGES HOWSOEVER CAUSED WHETHER OR NOT WE OR ANY OF THE WEBSITE PARTIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND THEIR COLLECTIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR USE OF THE SERVICES, IF ANY. THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT AND SHALL SURVIVE A FUNDAMENTAL BREACH OR BREACHES OR THE FAILURE OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF CONTRACT OR THE FAILURE OF AN EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE WEBSITE PARTIES’ LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless and our directors, officers, partners, employees, representatives, contractors, affiliates, successors or assigns, including all third parties mentioned at this Site, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of this Site and the Content or your breach of these Terms of Service or in connection with your use of the Services.
- Choice of law. These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of California without giving effect to its conflict of laws principles. You and we hereby submit to the exclusive forum, jurisdiction and venue of the state courts located in San Mateo County, California and/or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California for any claim related to, arising from or in connection these Terms of Service and/or your use of the Service.
- International Use. Neither we nor our affiliates make any representation that the Site or Content is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws and any applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States of the country in which you reside.
- Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
UPDATED: July 21, 2014