Car dealerships in autumn are like toy stores at Christmas - so many new vehicles, all sorts of colors and features - it makes you want to run out and buy a 2007 new car immediately. And while many of us typically cannot afford to buy a new car every year, this year's class of cars just might have you reevaluating the efficiency of your current gas guzzling machine.
Could 2007 Be The Year of The Fuel Efficient Cars?
To help ease the blow of rising gas prices, automobile manufacturers took a different approach for 2007 by designing a wide range of vehicles that provide consumers with all the features they have come to appreciate in a car - with the fuel efficiency they desire. And no, these new 2007 cars are not small, non-driver friendly cars - they are vehicles that appeal to the masses, such as luxury models, fun-loving SUVs, family sedans and hybrids.
2007 New Cars
To help you start shopping, or dream shopping at least, we've provided a list below highlighting some of the new 2007 models, their features and what category each automobile falls into so you can find the ideal vehicle for you.
- GMC Acadia - The first crossover SUV from GMC, the Acadia offers seating for up to eight and combines the capability of an SUV with the smooth, responsiveness of a car. Plus, the Acadia offers an established 17 mpg on city driving and 25 mpg on the highway for FWD models and an estimated 17 mpg and 24 mpg for AWD models.
- Saturn Outlook - Equipped with GM's Smart Slide feature for easy-access seating, the Outlook provides more legroom for taller passengers, three row seating and 19.7 cubic foot of cargo space. This is ideal for drivers who require a lot of space for groceries or sporting equipment.
- Saturn VUE Green Line Hybrid - Based on the 2006 Saturn VUE, the VUE Green Line provides drivers with all the amenities of an SUV and an estimated fuel efficiency of 27 mpg for city driving and 32 mpg on the highway.
- Mercury Mariner Hybrid - This environmentally safe SUV offers consumers a little more fun for 2007 with a new "Moon and Tune" package which includes a power moonroof, roof rack, satellite radio and an in-dash six-CD changer. Great for drivers that like to feel the warmth of the sun on their backs while driving and to be able to see the beauty of the stars at night.
- Nissan Altima Hybrid - Developed for drivers that have come to value Nissan's spirited performance and distinctive exterior design, the Altima Hybrid offers a spacious interior and a powerful 4-cylinder engine for ultimate comfort and performance. However, this Hybrid Sedan is only available for new car buyers in California, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maine and New Jersey.
- Toyota Camry Hybrid - A favorite among many drivers, the 2007 Toyota Camry is the third in the family of Toyota Hybrids. This full hybrid incorporates Toyota's Synergy Drive with a fuel efficiency of 43 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway - a step up from the standard Camry model.
- Honda Accord Hybrid - Packed with a 253-hp, 3.0-liter, i-VTEC® V-6 engine, the Honda Accord Hybrid offers the same command and authority of the fuel driven sibling Honda Accord. Plus, the 2007 engine is more fuel efficient than ever before with an estimated 28 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.
- Mercedes-Benz E320 BLUETEC - Powered by the cleanest-burning diesel engine in the world, this luxurious sedan comes with a DeNox storage catalytic converter that helps cut down on the nitrogen-oxide emissions emitted into the air. However, due to strict emission laws, the BLUETEC is not available for sale in California and New York.
- Lexus Hybrid - Goes from zero to 60 in 5.2 seconds; this elegant Hybrid provides amenities, craftsmanship and technology Lexus owners have come to appreciate. It also comes with a nickel-metal hydride battery that is so advanced you never have to plug in the vehicle to charge the battery - now that's a fuel and energy efficient car!
So if any of these sleek new 2007 cars have you thinking about trading in your money draining gasoline vehicle, then visit Insurance.com's auto insurance comparison application first before you buy. Here you will be able to evaluate multiple rates from best-in-class insurance providers, which will help you find the best car and auto insurance rate for your budget.