Golf cart insurance provides coverage
Answer: The golf cart’s owner is NOT COVERED by homeowner’s insurance.
The standard homeowner’s policy only covers liability. Homeowner’s liability insurance covers only injuries and property damage that you cause to others—it does not cover your own injuries or damage to your own property.
He would probably be COVERED if he has a special golf cart insurance policy, or if he added and paid for a special golf cart endorsement on his homeowner’s insurance – IF he has a valid driver’s license and was operating the cart legally. Comprehensive or “other than collision” coverage on a golf cart policy/endorsement would cover fire, theft, hail and other damages caused by something besides a collision.
Pages in this slideshow:
- Is your golf cart mishap covered?
- Homeowner insurance provides coverage
- Golf cart on fire: off course
- Golf cart insurance provides coverage
- Golf cart in water hazard
- Golf insurance policy to the rescue
- Golf cart damaged on street
- Auto or golf cart policy provide coverage
- Golf cart rental accident
- Read the fine print
- Unlicensed golf cart driver
- Multiple insurance policies needed