Possessing alcohol as a minor
"Even if there's no driving involved, that's a common license suspension," says Mikell, the former prosecutor.
He doesn't supports kids drinking and driving, of course. But this suspension affects teens caught with booze even when there is no car in sight. Teens can also be denied driving privileges for a prior incident of tobacco possession or truancy.
"There's a public policy reason that their license is suspended, not a public safety reason," says Gena, the defense lawyer.
Pages in this slideshow:
- 12 ways good drivers lose their licenses
- Unpaid parking tickets
- Borrowing the wrong car
- Possessing alcohol as a minor
- Driving without insurance
- Bounced or bad checks
- Litter, overdue library books and more
- Overdue student loans
- Failure to pay child support
- Marijuana possession
- Prostitution, public intoxication and more
- Failure to appear in court
- Fuel theft, piracy and a lot more